Wednesday, December 9, 2009

There is Hope out there

For a creative person, having to play the game hurts, really hurts. You hate having to go with the flow, keep your head down, and put in your time. But there is hope out there for us. Etsy's blog posted this great interview with Michelle of cicadastudio about just the topic. And for me it was the perfect timing.
I got in an accident with the curb this morning 20 min into my 2.5 hour commute into lovely Soho New York. So needless to say, I didn't make it to Soho. But I called into work and was able to arrange my work to be sent home to me, so instead of missing a whole day and leaving people hanging, I was about to get something done at least. It sucks to have to do it, but you have to just pick up the pieces and put your best foot forward even when you want to crawl under the covers again b/c you didn't go into work. I have to consistently motivate myself to keep moving forward.

There is Hope out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment